Dental Business Operations Manager
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing business as usual operations and specializes in efficiencies and effectiveness through process and systems, as well driving practice productivity through KPIs and performance goals and works with leaders to make adjustments.
To excel in this role, you should be self-motivated, highly organized, a good communicator, and have the talent to inspire teams. It is important that the prospective candidate understands how to manage dental office schedules to maximize efficiency, team productivity and generate revenue.
Proficiency in data entry
A large part of managing Business Operations is maintaining databases and generating reports. Therefore, a background in data entry and analysis and experience using Excel and other such programs is an asset. Depending on the project, this person may not be involved in the data entry themselves, but they will need to be able to understand it so they can make decisions.
While understanding numbers and statistics play a large part in the role of the Business Operations Manager, the main focus should be on the individuals those figures represent. The Business Operations Manager duties may include delegation of work, team management, as well as some conflict mediation. As an ambassador of employee culture, this person should be able to lead by example, and be an approachable face of the company for its employees and strategic partners.
The role of Business Operations Manager is a tough one to succinctly define in one sentence, because it can have such a varied set of responsibilities. That is why a person appointed to this role is usually an expert at juggling many different tasks at one time. The Business Operations Manager handles everything from Patient Experience Calls to responding to Staff Queries and everything in between, so to be effective, this person must not only be good at multitasking, but changing gears from one task to another at the drop of a hat.
The Business Operations Manager is expected to be proficient in the software and tools used by the organization to collaborate on projects. These softwares include Google Workspace, Slack and Asana.
A good Business Operations Manager must be able to change as quickly as the needs of the business dictates. For example, Business Operations systems operate on an ever evolving continuum, and in order to maintain performance, the Business Operations Manager must stay up to date with the changing directives.
- At least five years of experience within a Dental Practice
- Proficiency with Dentrix Ascend Practice Management Software
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana
- Excellent knowledge of New York State Government Dental Insurance Plans + demonstrated ability to explain insurance benefits to patients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to patients and coworkers
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Possess our core values of commitment, quality, respect, communication and teamwork
- Have a high speed internet connection and dedicated workspace in order to work from home
- Understand what it takes to deliver a great patient experience
- Can keep high activity and motivate yourself
- Have a positive and a can-do attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding highly sensitive issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers and team members in NYFD Field Operations and NYFD HQ Operations
- Ability to take ownership and have drive for results
- Ability to assume good intentions
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and identifying trends, solutions for improvement and where support is needed in Inbound and Outbound calls to patients
- Answering team members’ questions, guiding them through difficult calls or issues, diffusing angry patients, or handling issues that cannot be fielded by representatives
- Manage patient retention through outbound campaigns
- Leading team meetings, asking questions to better understand the calls team members are receiving, educating, and coach team regarding processes and practices, and explain expectations
- Work with Head of Operations on setting up automated insurance verification checks through practice management software and ensure that systems and processes are followed
- Audit patient communications to ensure that practice standards are being met
- Ability to come up with proposed solutions, utilize available resources/documents (i.e., checklists, SOPs) and QA consistently to ensure implementation was successful.
- Own, manage and work closely with senior management on scheduling patients for all NYFD locations to maximize efficiency and profitability
- Collaborate with senior management to develop marketing campaigns for unscheduled treatment to ensure schedule capacity for all NYFD locations
- Analyze data to monitor real-time feedback trends, identify areas of opportunity and make improvement suggestions
- Develop standard operating procedures for scheduling with successful execution and implementation
- Responsible for building and maintaining trusting department leadership relationships and keeping them informed on developments and best practices in scheduling operations
- Hold orientation meetings and onboarding for all new team members
- Provide training to all team members on a regular basis
- Provide quality analysis of patient calls and identify areas of needed performance improvement for team members
- Perform daily schedule audits to ensure compliance with standard operating procedure
- Create and maintain scheduling playbook
- HQ/ Management Team
- New York Family Dentistry
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
New York Family Dentistry
About New York Family Dentistry
Dental Business Operations Manager
Loading application form
Already working at New York Family Dentistry?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.