Dental Billing Coordinator
The Billing Coordinator will act as a core support role within the NYFD HQ Core Team. The Billing Coordinator will manage the patient's experience through the financial cycle, the last touch point in the patient journey. The role is to reduce the number of denied claims, recover lost revenue, increase the speed of claims and payments throughout the financial cycle, maintain the financial health of the business, and work cohesively with the team to ensure accuracy of patient accounts.
The suitable candidate will be highly organized, methodical, detail oriented, and people focused with the ability to work at pace with competing priorities.
Proficiency in data entry
A large part of RCM is maintaining databases and generating reports. Therefore, a background in data entry and analysis and experience using Excel and other such programs is an asset. Depending on the project, this person may not be involved in the data entry themselves, but they will need to be able to understand it so they can make decisions.
While understanding numbers and statistics play a large part in the role of the Billing Coordinator, the main focus should be on the individuals those figures represent. The Billing Coordinator duties may include delegation of work, team management, as well as some conflict mediation. As an ambassador of employee culture, this person should be able to lead by example, and be an approachable face of the company for its employees and strategic partners.
The role of Billing Coordinator is a tough one to succinctly define in one sentence, because it can have such a varied set of responsibilities. That is why a person appointed to this role is usually an expert at juggling many different tasks at one time. The Billing Coordinator handles everything from revenue generating tasks to Patient Experience and everything in between, so to be effective, this person must not only be good at multitasking, but changing gears from one task to another at the drop of a hat.
The Billing Coordinator is expected to be proficient in the software and tools used by the organization to collaborate on projects. These softwares include Google Workspace, Slack and Asana.
A good Billing Coordinator must be able to change as quickly as the needs of the business dictates. For example, RCM systems operate on an ever evolving continuum, and in order to maintain performance, the Billing Coordinator must stay up to date with the changing directives.
- At least five years experience in a dental practice with expert knowledge in Government / Medicaid insurance plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to coworkers
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Possess our core values of commitment, quality, respect, communication and teamwork
- Have a high speed internet connection and dedicated workspace in order to work from home
- Understand what it takes to deliver a great patient experience
- Can keep high activity and motivate yourself
- Have a positive and a can-do attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding highly sensitive issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers and team members in NYFD Field Operations and NYFD HQ Operations
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Posting dental ADA codes to patient’s ledger based on provider clinical notes according to billing guidelines
- Submission of insurance claims using practice management software
- Ensuring claims are submitted with correct attachments such as x-rays, narratives, perio charting and intraoral photos
- Resubmission of rejected insurance claims
- Resubmits corrected insurance claims
- Responsible for the reconciling all payments received by the practice through multiple payment methods
- Processing prior authorizations for procedures on behalf of the patient
- Auditing clinical notes by treatment coordinators and posting procedures to patient’s treatment plan
- Posting refunds to patient’s ledger
- Maintaining refunds database
- Monitoring RCM requests from NYFD Field
- Maintaining RCM requests tracker
- Managing late payments and overdue accounts
- Assisting Patient Relations Manager to maintain complaints database
- HQ/ Management Team
- New York Family Dentistry
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
New York Family Dentistry
About New York Family Dentistry
Dental Billing Coordinator
Loading application form
Already working at New York Family Dentistry?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.