Dental Patient Relations Manager
Patient Relations Manager
The Patient Relations Manager is dedicated to improving the patient experience by strengthening patient loyalty, building reputation and brand, and boosting utilization of our organization’s dental services through increased referrals to family and friends.
Patient Experience is the sum of all interactions that patients have with New York Family Dentistry. Our goal is to deliver safe and compassionate care in every encounter with every patient who walks through our doors.
Under the direction of the President + Head of Operations for the organization, the Patient Relations Manager has the overall responsibility to facilitate resolution of all feedback and provide assistance to patient, providers and staff. This person will provide mentorship to assure the use of disciplined processes, tools and performance management. The Patient Relations Manager will develop staff competencies, assess individual performance, evaluate effectiveness of processes and communicate with key stakeholders. The Patient Relations Manager is responsible for monitoring department goals and milestones. The manager identifies opportunities for improving the patient experience and collaborates with the President and Head of Business Operations.
The suitable candidate will be highly organized, methodical, detail oriented, and people focused with the ability to work at pace with competing priorities. It is imperative that the candidate have a problem-solving orientation and a flexible, positive attitude.
Proficiency in data entry
A large part of managing Patient Relations is maintaining databases and generating reports. Therefore, a background in data entry and analysis and experience using Excel and other such programs is an asset. Depending on the project, this person may not be involved in the data entry themselves, but they will need to be able to understand it so they can make decisions.
While understanding numbers and statistics play a large part in the role of the Patient Relations Manager, the main focus should be on the individuals those figures represent. The Patient Relations Manager duties may include delegation of work, team management, as well as some conflict mediation. As an ambassador of employee culture, this person should be able to lead by example, and be an approachable face of the company for its employees and strategic partners.
The role of Patient Relations Manager is a tough one to succinctly define in one sentence, because it can have such a varied set of responsibilities. That is why a person appointed to this role is usually an expert at juggling many different tasks at one time. The Patient Relations Manager handles everything from Patient Experience Calls to responding to Staff Queries and everything in between, so to be effective, this person must not only be good at multitasking, but changing gears from one task to another at the drop of a hat.
The Patient Relations Manager is expected to be proficient in the software and tools used by the organization to collaborate on projects. These softwares include Google Workspace, Slack and Asana.
A good Patient Relations Manager must be able to change as quickly as the needs of the business dictates. For example, Patient Relations systems operate on an ever evolving continuum, and in order to maintain performance, the Patient Relations Manager must stay up to date with the changing directives.
- At least five years of experience within a Dental Practice
- Proficiency with Dentrix Ascend Practice Management Software
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to patients and coworkers
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Possess our core values of commitment, quality, respect, communication and teamwork
- Have a high speed internet connection and dedicated workspace in order to work from home
- Understand what it takes to deliver a great patient experience
- Can keep high activity and motivate yourself
- Have a positive and a can-do attitude
- Have sensitivity to issues of diversity and demonstrates cultural competence
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding highly sensitive issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with managers and team members in NYFD Field Operations and NYFD HQ Operations
- Ability to take ownership and have drive for results
- Ability to assume good intentions
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and carefully respond efficiently to patient feedback to by phone, text and email
- Develop and maintain a culture where patient-centered care and service excellence is teamed with clinical excellence to provide an amazing experience for each patient and staff member
- Own, manage and work closely with senior management on all patient feedback programs
- Collaborate with senior management to develop reporting mechanisms and communication processes to assure all stakeholders are aware of, engaged in and fully support patient experience improvement strategies
- Analyze data to monitor real-time feedback trends, identify areas of opportunity and make improvement suggestions
- Provide leadership and work in partnership with all departments to assess and communicate performance expectations about patient experience as well as design and execute initiative to enhance the patient experience
- Responsible for building and maintaining trusting department leadership relationships and keeping them informed on developments and best practices in patient experience
- Hold in-person patient experience orientation meetings and onboarding for all new team members
- Provide patient experience training to all team members on a regular basis
- Identify areas of needed performance improvement for team members
- HQ/ Management Team
- New York Family Dentistry
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
New York Family Dentistry
About New York Family Dentistry
Dental Patient Relations Manager
Loading application form
Already working at New York Family Dentistry?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.